Family of 3 displaced by apartment fire

A Summerside couple and their one-year-old baby have been displaced after a fire burned their apartment on McQuaid Court, Sunday morning. There have been no accidents.

The trigger of the fire was a garments dryer, stated Summerside Fire Department Chief Ron Enman.

“It’s our second one this weekend,” he stated. “I suggest to people to take the vents off the back of their dryers and give them a good cleaning.

“What occurs is that they get clogged up the warmth builds up within the dryer, and it simply will get to a degree the place it ignites.”

No different items within the apartment have been affected. The Canadian Red Cross is helping the household.



Read Original Content Here

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top