A person due to seem in courtroom in the stabbing of a Sandy Springs, Georgia, police officer is now accused of the double murder of a Cobb County firefighter and his spouse.
The Cobb County Police Department stated 22-year-old Matthew Lanz is a suspect in the homicide investigation of 31-year-old Timothy Justin Hicks and his spouse, 31-year-old Amber Hicks. Both have been discovered lifeless from gunshot wounds in a house on Verena Drive in Acworth on Thursday morning. The couple’s toddler was residence however was not harm, The Associated Press reported.
Fulton County investigators say Lanz’s Acworth residence shares a yard fence with the Hicks residence.
FIVE GEORIA MEN SENT TO PRISON FOR BURNING COP CAR DURING GEORGE FLOYD PROTEST
On Friday, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation stated Lanz entered a Sandy Springs residence and a resident referred to as police to report an intruder. Police have been already in the world after a report of a suspicious particular person, and a number of householders reported burglaries.
The GBI stated officers arrived on the residence and confronted Lanz, who was armed with a knife. Lanz all of the sudden attacked one of many officers, stabbing him repeatedly in the again and neck, the GBI stated. Officers shot at Lanz and struck him twice.
Sandy Springs police stated the wounded officer was launched from Grady Memorial Hospital and is “doing extremely well.”
GEORGIA POLICE CATCH BREAK IN CAPTURE OF 5 INMATES INVOLVED IN DARING ESCAPE AIDED BY STAFFING SHORTAGE
Lanz was arrested Friday on a number of expenses together with:
- One rely of housebreaking in the first diploma for the Cameron Ridge Drive incident
- One rely of housebreaking in the first diploma for the Cameron Glen Drive incident
- One rely of residence invasion in the first diploma
- Ten counts of felony obstruction
- Ten counts of aggravated assault on a police officer
- Ten counts of tried homicide on a police officer
- One rely of possession of a knife throughout the fee of a felony
- One rely of carrying a hid weapon with out a allow
Lanz was handled at a hospital earlier than being taken to the Fulton County jail. He remained jailed Saturday, and it’s unclear if he has a lawyer to converse for him.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.